Monday 4 July 2011

Days 30 & 31

There hasn't been much to talk about over the last few days, nothing worth posting at least, but in some cases the smallest thing really can be exciting. I mean how many different ways can I really explain about absolutely nothing? The nights are dark with no power, the days are long and uneventfull and I have nothing to do. That really is the story in a nutshell. Outside the nutshell I have already covered so much about what goes on, what survival and basic rationing is all about, and I am getting to the point where I cannot live this way much longer. The boredom is a punishment worse than death, hell even doing a life sentence in prison has its perks, at least you get a hot meal each day, always have someone to talk to and get to have butt sex whenever you want it. 

I felt that if I could preserve my sense of humor I could make it through all this, but I need more than that, all my morale is at rock bottom, hope is gone and I am heading towards losing my mind completely. Still I am probably off here than in those evacuation centres scattered around the Country. Most are overcrowded, have dirty living conditions, everyone is always on edge, fighting and robbing each other and there is no order. So in short, a bit like a typical Stevenage council estate with a perimeter fence and armed soldiers on the gate.
Still, rounding thousands of people up and throw them in a box is probably not the best idea anyway, I saw on the Internet that a large evac centre in Luton got completely overrun by infected. Apparently, the soldiers didn't screen people properly and let in some that had bites and signs of infection, within a couple of days they were all infected from the inside out. At least up here on the 12th floor you only have yourself to look out for and if someone tries to bust in and steal my stuff, I have a pistol to drop them where they stand.

There isn't anymore news from that scientist in Cambridge, I can only hope he is synthesising some sort of vaccine that can reverse the effects of the virus or prevent it all together. I doubt there are enough bullets available to take out every zombie, and I feel that it could take many years to rid the country of the virus completely. After all England is a big place, and there are always dark places for zombies to lay dormant, you think you got them all, and the next thing you know they are coming out the sewers and the outbreak starts all over again. If the government put out a press release saying all the infected have been destroyed I will not be celebrating or walking out anytime soon. You just will not be able to get them all, and it only takes one to reset the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment