Saturday 2 July 2011

Day 30

Today has been a really nice day in terms of weather, just wish I could have gone out to a park, a zoo or even just a picnic in front of the flats. What is worse is that I am on the larger size, so I tend to sweat a bit more than most and in this heat there is no way to escape from it. Before I would turn on the fan or get the cold water spray from the fridge, but now there is no escaping the heat. At least when its cold in the winter you can just turn on the heating or add some more clothes, but there really is no way to avoid the heat apart from diving into a cool swimming pool. I have noticed a substantial loss off weight, this survival business is probably the best dieting solution you can think of. Forget those ads promising you to get ripped within 3 days, eating rations and keeping fit to avoid the boredom is the way forward. It is true what they said about the fat, and unfit were the first to go, however I have been rising above it all and believing that I am still here to beat the odds.
True my diet shouldn't really consist of cooked pig skin and crisps, however keeping fit with it kind of fixes the problem. I probably can't run a marathon or pull my own body weight up a rope, but dammit I'm not going to flop onto the floor in a puddle of sweat having an asthma attack trying to breath while those damn things close in on me like I am a pig on a spit.

It was good to hear the theory written by that scientist from Cambridge University, I like to think he was a man that knows what he is talking about, I don't know enough about biology to doubt his theory, and although I was hanging off some of the words he was saying, the zombie biology explanation seemed to make sense. When I was in town last week I hung around in front of a group of those things while they were chowing down on some poor victim. I couldn't have been more than 20 feet away, yet they had no knowledge of my presence, so I must have been upwind from them, they have limited eyesight, but seem to work via sense of smell. They didn't react because my scent was blowing against them in the wind. When I ran right passed that zombie in the doorway, I don't think my scent made any difference because I almost tripped over him and he would have been under no doubt that something new had appeared in front of him. I still cannot get over how close I came go getting attacked when that happened, my heart pumped double hard for the rest of the day.

Last night I looked out the window and noticed that all the street lights and usual building lights were all out, so the whole town must be out of power now. I only knew my electric cut out because I ran out of credit and had no way of topping up, while the rest of Stevenage could carry on. Looks like we are all in the same boat now, its nice to know I am not suffering alone, I can just imagine some of the teenagers committing suicide because their lives are worthless without mobile phones or facebook, just show how weak and technology dependant we have become. This Zombie apocalypse has taken more from us than we can ever know, you need more than mental and physical strength to survive, the weak and technology reliant, need to adapt or they are going to give up soon. I like to think I can survive without all the luxuries we expect, I mean I kind of had to anyway for most of the year as being out of work means we cannot afford nice things.

No comments:

Post a Comment