Saturday 23 July 2011

Day 50

Sorry for the delay in posting over the past few days, I have been living off a Morphine high that has really made my life much better. My ankle feels a lot better now, I can put weight on it again which means I can go out on my 2nd supply run tomorrow. The battery on the spare laptop died so I am using the laptop I found in the pub. It was quite interesting having a browse through someone elses files, I don't think it counts as being bad because the owners were probably digested by a bunch of undead, not that it matters because there is nobody about to point their finger at me and tut. However, the owner of the laptop, Steve seems to have been a bit of a naughty boy, he had left a few messages on his computer that would indicate he was having an affair with one of the bar maids while his wife was clearly unaware. It was really strange reading messages written by somebody who was probably dead by now, along with everyone he is talking about. You could tell he had a lot more to talk about but the messages just stopped, I assume he either got sick or got munched by the infected, either way it was nice to read something other than my own blog. All I can say is, Steve, if you are alive and are somehow reading this, I have your laptop and I sure hope you stopped cheating on Marie.

I haven't had anymore visits from Robyn or any memory flashbacks trying to take over from what I can think of, I hope that it was just a temporary thing that has passed now. I am keeping my mind occupied on things to keep it busy and stimulated with things to prevent it from wandering off. The last thing I need is my brain going into lock down while I am outside looking for food. I really am hungry, its been about 3 days since I ate and the rumbling in my tummy is a constant reminder that food is at the top of my list of things to get. I would have gone earlier, yet my ankle being in pain from falling over meant that I could not risk going out. There is one thing I wish I could have and that is clean air, the smell I constantly have to endure is so overpowering.
Everything has shut down, there is nobody keeping the streets clean, so the smell of rotten bodies along with general waste piling up creates a horrible mix of putridness only words can describe. I also worry that the dirty conditions our streets are left in means more disease and rats carrying infection about the place. I have also noticed the grass outside has started to get overgrown, the bushes are untidy and its only a matter of time before weeds start growing over the unused roads. The wilderness is very slowly but surely growing over everything, but what can we do? there are no council workers to keep it under control, not that it matters because for once I can safely avoid paying my council tax without worrying about a warning letter coming through the door. Saying that, even with everything that's happened, the greedy council would probably still find a way to send out council tax warnings and demand money for rent. That would just be my luck, getting evicted from my flat in the middle of a zombie outbreak.

Speaking of zombies, they are still wandering about looking as dumb as usual. I saw one yesterday that had half its body missing. By the looks of it, someone took a shot at it with a 12 gauge shotgun at point blank range, because the left side of its chest was gone, no ribcage, no meaty bits, a nice clean curvy hole, the arm was missing too. All I could think of is how much that must really hurt if those things can feel pain. I did feel sorry for the poor soul, yet there is a chance I may be running into him tomorrow, if I do then I may have the decency to put him out of his misery. I got a gun, but will try not to use it if possible, I need to keep my noise to a minimum, I gave myself away the last time and I swear some of them followed me back here. I cannot afford for that to happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment