Wednesday 8 June 2011

I am happy to say we are still here. I haven't had no sleep all night and I'm absolutely exhausted. 48 hours of endless bombing, shooting and general worry of not knowing if we are going to die or not. I am so tired I can't even think straight, I swear to god I heard my dads voice and he's been dead since 2002. All the gunfire and bombing slowed to a halt by 8am this morning. I am hope the army have now gained control and eliminated most of the infected. The ghostly silence doesn't help judge the situation and the intoxicating smell of burned concrete, oil and god knows what else is really irritating my senses. I tried looking out the window only to see thick plumes of black smoke, demolished buildings and general destruction. This used to be my home, now its a wasteland. Last week everything was fine, we all went about our day and lived our lives in the boring routine we always followed. Within a matter of 5 days microscopic living virus cells had turned the world upside down. The phones are completely dead, I can't find out if my mum, sister or any of my friends are still alive. I don't even want to think about that right now, its better not knowing than sitting in what is now our prison cells with nothing but our thoughts to drive us. I have to keep my mind active, keep positive and preserve whatever supplies we have.

I thought the bath and sinks probably might not be enough, we still have running water so I also filled up any bucket, mixing bowl or container that could hold enough water to last longer if we have to wait. Food is going to be our main problem, the majority of food is frozen or refrigerated. If we stocked up on canned or ready to eat food it would have made it a lot easier, but how can we prepare for something like this? As soon as we knew what was happening we were told to barricade ourselves indoors. Going to try and get some sleep now, I have a migraine that I just can't shift and it has to be down to lack of sleep. Will be back to update later on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment