Wednesday 22 June 2011

Days 19 & 20

Sorry for my lack of posts the last few days, my laptop batter is down to 20% and I am trying to use it sparingly. I have now decided that in the next few days, possibly Friday I will try to make it outside for a supply run. I am now in a catch 22 situation, if I go outside there is a high probability that I will get killed, however if I stay indoors I will die anyway. The food I have is now getting very low, rationing is making it last, but being hungry all the time and assuming that any remaining food outside will eventually get looted has been playing on my mind. I am surprised at the lack of infected I see roaming outside, from what you see in the films, you always see hordes of them lining up outside a building where survivors are held up. I started to think about it and looking back to when this all started, people were being told to stay indoors or risk of being shot by the military would be the result. So this concludes that most of the people who turned would have been indoors at the time of reanimation. As I stated in an earlier post that the infected show limited intelligence so something as simple as unlocking and opening a door would be a challenging task even for the most switched on zombies.
The dead that are found wandering the streets most likely died while outside or actually managed to open their front doors. This of course doesn't make my task any easier when I go out as we really do not know enough about them to understand how to avoid or deal with them when they attack. My first port of call is the dead soldier downstairs if he is carrying a weapon then It will be important to my survival if I plan on making it back inside. After messing around with various house hold items I couldn't make any real effective weapons, none that didn't include me getting within arms length of the infected, if I'm honest stealth and keeping quiet will be my main weapon. It won't be easy, but no more easier than standing there with a fully automatic machine gun and blasting everyone of them to hell.

For dinner yesterday I suffered more of those horrendous raw beans, to a point where I was almost sick and forced myself to finish the tin. Today I have some cold corned beef to enjoy today, I don't even like corned beef, Robyn bought that for her. Food is food I suppose, however I try to look at it, even if it tastes disgusting or makes me feel sick, the irony is it is keeping me alive.

I have been trying to keep fit over the last week, I am not a gym sort of person, haven't ever really kept fit before and to be completely honest I am a fat pavement cruncher, so the lack of all my luxuries, computers and general lazy household items I have enjoyed up until now has actually forced me to keep busy by keeping fit. It will no doubt aid me when I am out dealing with those things, as someone who is toned and fit will have a better chance of surviving. I won't lie to you, I am knackered, my bones, muscles and joints ache like hell, but at least I can get to sleep.

Okay My battery has dropped to 15% and I am getting a low battery alert pop up on my screen so I will be logging off, I will try to record a video diary tomorrow, upload it and just switch off again, so keep posted and keep safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment