Thursday 23 June 2011

Day 21

You must be wondering why I'm online when I said yesterday that I wouldn't be on due to my laptops low battery. Well after looking through the house I found one of Robyn's old laptops and as luck would have it, the battery was fully charged. With a spare backup laptop on standby I am going to spend the next few days using up the last of the battery on the main laptop before using the old one. With that I decided to do some Internet browsing to check up on news and message boards posted by other survivors. It really does not look good for mankind, we have been put on the endangered species list, next to the tigers. The whole world is completely infected with the virus, there are no safe places to hide and it looks like any rescue is not going to happen any time soon. It is also reported that remote parts of the world such as deserts and jungles are the only real places that give anyone a fighting chance. The heat of the desert speeds up the decomposition cycle, meaning the zombies deteriorate at a much faster rate. Unfortunately for me living in rural Britain, where its cold and rainy means we have more of a challenging time of things. On the flip side, living in the desert is probably not much better as the lack of clean safe water probably faces survivors with a problem of thirst and dehydration.

It is also reported that we still have a limited military presence here in the UK, they are trying to keep them out of direct contact with the infected due to the huge loss of life that sweeped the country in the first week of the outbreak. Our Prime Minister, David Cameron's whereabouts are unknown, we don't know if he was evacuated safely or perished with the millions of other poor souls in this Country. I don't really care if he made it out or not because he no longer has a working Government and there really isn't much he can do as a person or leader of this country to set things right.

The Borden is really getting me down, now so much so that I took the wall clock down. The time seems to move ever so slowly that a minute seems like 10 minutes and an hour is like half a day. It also doesn't prove useful having a clock either as time has no relevance anymore. We don't have to go to work, arrange to meet up with friends or organise our lives by the time, all that matters is that its daytime then night time.

I am going to tuck into a bowl or two of dry corn flakes, all the canned food is gone, so I am only down to dry cereal now, and even that is low. Will be back tomorrow hopefully on this laptop, which will probably only have enough battery for one more blog, two if I'm lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, good to hear from you. This is the American guy who was in Prague when the infection hit. It's a fucking mess here too. We lost one of our group two days ago, Nick. It's not that he got swarmed or something, we got this rule see, 'if you fall behind you're left behind'. Funny thing is, with my bum knee I figured I'd be the first one to fall behind.

    We didn't like just leaving him. Michael tried to convince to go back, even threatened to do it himself. We told him to if he thought he stood a chance on his own. Nick is smart though, and he knows which way we're headed. I just gotta keep hoping he's still alive and will catch up with us somewhere up ahead.

    Speaking of which, we're still working our way east. You'd be surprised how fast you can move cross country if you got a bunch of flesh eating bastards on your tail.

    I figure we're somewhere either near the Polish border or maybe even near Krakow if I'm being optimistic. We got this road map of Europe, stole it out of a Czech National Guard Humvee we saw near an old barricade. Like I said though, I'm an American, Europe isn't exactly my backyard. Does anybody know how far it is from Krakow to Kiev? Our goal is to try and get there by October, and considering we're on foot. The roads just aren't safe. You wouldn't believe it man, dozens of kilometers of abandoned cars, literally dozens. On top of that, the dead don't know how to open car doors, so the ones who turned when they were behind the wheel are stuck in there forever. By themselves they're harmless, but if they see you they'll start growling and moaning, and the moan will attract the ones who aren't stuck in the cars. Because of that we're going through fields and farms and forest. Hey, I wanted to see Europe.

    ReplyDelete