Saturday 25 June 2011

Day 23

Hello everyone, on the backup laptop today, 5 minutes after closing yesterdays blog the old laptop finally died. Without this spare I wouldn't be here today to continue this blog, which is a bad thing. Its not all good news though, this old laptop has the same issue that all ion lithium powered batteries have, and that is if they are plugged in to the wall all the time with the battery attached they eventually kill out the batteries power life. So when we first bought it, the laptop battery could last 3 hours independently, now it only lasts up to 2, so whatever I write here needs to be quick and brief, well until I get a chance to raid PC World or the apple store.

I am starting to get a bit of a grizzly beard going here, without owning an electric razor and having to store the remaining water for drinking only, it kind of became apparent that I would end up growing one. I tried doing a dry razor shave and it hurt like a bitch, having open cuts at the moment where the air seems to hold viral dangers, it just seemed easier to let it be. I guess going medieval has its benefits in some ways, you start appreciating the little things more like reading a book, on paper and not pdf, enjoying ambient candle light instead of fine tuned bulb light, you get the general idea.

I saw a news post about some scientist from Cambridge had spent the last week studying captured infected, all I kept thinking about was professor Frankenstein and Bub from Day of the dead. He is trying to study the biology of the zombie, how it can be killed and finally a vaccine to the virus. Well he can save working out how they, die, because for one they are already dead and secondly everyone knows that you have to disable the brain. As for a vaccine, well who needs a cure when everyone is dead? I added his website to my favorites list, he hasn't produced anything new that we all don't know about, however I am interested in his theory on how the dead can reanimate with the brain being the only working organ.

I swear I heard a military jet fly over this morning, I was a sleep and it shook me awake, I could have been dreaming, but it was very clear, I tried to look out the window, but couldn't see anything. If it really did fly over, then that must indicate there is a some sort of working military. I just hope they are able to multiply and deploy effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment