Sunday 26 June 2011

Day 24

So hungry, I haven't eaten a decent meal since last week, and the rationing came to an end 2 days ago when the last of the corn flakes had gone. I didn't think it would bother me as much, but it really does, I can hear my belly rumble all the time and I feel really uncomfortable, can't concentrate or relax properly. I feel that tomorrow is going to be the day that I finally brave the elements. I still have the strength to do it, my fitness has started to keep my body in check so tomorrow I will venture outside and look for whatever supplies I can. The most important is food and water, additional is batteries and laptops, finally I will keep my eye open for any weapons. I will be taking my video camera with me to document what happens. I will try to keep it rolling as long as possible, however trying to juggle a camera, and avoid the infected may be a tricky task. If I don't make it back then maybe nobody will ever see what happens, you will know I didn't make it back as this blog will cease to exist past this day.
I will try not to let that happen, I just have to remember to keep quiet and keep out of sight. Those things can't run, so I should be able to just walk right past them, providing I don't get cornered of surrounded by a group.

There really isn't much for me to say today as being hungry really does take up all your concentration and I haven't been able to think or do anything else. I am just trying to mentally and physically prepare myself for tomorrow. Going to stay positive and believe that I can return home alive with everything on my list, optimism can be a powerful mental weapon, it can also however turn around and kick you in the face when things don't go your way, so I am just going to keep an open mind and see what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment