Friday 24 June 2011

Day 22

Hello fellow survivors, I hope you are all well, or as well as can be expected. I cannot believe it is 8 days away from being a month since all this started, the time has dragged painfully slow and the worst part is that there is no real light at the end of the tunnel. In fact the only goals any of us have  to look forward to is to stay alive and stay in protective shelter, without food or water our safe haven could turn into our tombs. I have been blessed with enough food to last me up until now, however the last of the cornflakes are gone. All I have left is ketchup, mayo, vinegar and general things that are only edible with proper food. It has now reached make or break time for me, I can only wait out a few more days before I start to get weak from hunger and any chance of being in fit shape to make my way around will slowly diminish.

Remember the soldier I told you about downstairs? I said I would go down and search him for any weapons, unfortunately for me that plan is out the window, as I looked outside this morning and he is gone. He doesn't appear to have been eaten as there is no trace of him, he literally must have got up and walked off. I think this must be some side effect of being an infected zombie, he must have been in some sort of hibernation state, only moving when stimulated by a nearby human presence or noise. The other alternative is more scary to think about, and that is being a zombie lure trap. He could have been just waiting for someone to walk up to him and get close enough to snap up and bite or trip them over. I hope I am wrong with that assumption because that would mean they are getting smarter, using proper hunting tactics in order to win a meal.
Either way it means that I have to avoid any close contact with dead bodies, I do not want to give them the satisfaction of just grabbing me because I started getting careless. That said if I do see any army or police lying next to a fire arm, I just might have to take the risk, it may be the only risk I will chance. If I start taking too many risks then I start to get cocky, then when I get too cocky I will become careless which usually always results in death.
Assess the situation, does the risk outweigh the reward? If so then just hope the gods are looking down on you. Sometimes you really do just have to roll the dice and see what you get. The laptop battery is now down to 5% and I am getting shutdown warnings so I have to go now, tomorrow I will be on Robyn's old laptop so I just hope the battery on that lasts as long as this one. Keep in touch everyone, Goodnight and god bless.

1 comment:

  1. Well its happend sams turned into one of them was about to kill him when one of the group made a valid point and that was should we tie him up and gag him see if they can starve to death (again) i mean we have plenty of food and bottled water we are more safe then most as we a barracded in from the ruble and the army blockades so we decided to do just that we have informed any listeners of our delaid plans of removal the tanks are all set and every one now knows how to drive them ok not perfectly but still we can move them forwards and backwards we are still sleeping in them just feel more safe in there and more room theres four of us and two tanks two each plenty of room so we have tied him up to the back of a car with some chains and a paddlock that was on the rifle and ammo boxes i think someone is trying to reply as i stated in a earlyer message the static seems to be more noisy if thats the right word and faint background news can be heard as well as playing out our message 3 times a day we allso just talk about bits and pices just to let people know we are here.

    ReplyDelete