Thursday 9 June 2011

I am starting to get a little stir crazy at the moment, just being in this flat all day every day with limited entertainment is starting to get me down. I do worry that we have a lot longer to wait before we see some sort of end to this escapade. The fact that the army are none existent seems to put a finer point on it, well they are still about, but they have now joined the ranks of the infected and are no longer on our side. I did have a little thought, Britain is so anti guns, the only people in this country who even own anything worth fighting with are farmers, armed police and the army. If I stand any chance of surviving on the outside when the time comes to leave, the first thing I need to do is find a dead copper or soldier and loot his body for weapons. The infected do not seem to have any use for them, their intelligence is very limited at best and apart from looking for living they don't seem to be bothered with weapons or anything else. Rationing is no fun at all, I can certainly appreciate everything my nan and grandad had to go through during the war, I have looked at everything we have and it looks like the food can last for about two to three weeks. We are eating the frozen and fridge food first, simply because the power could go at any time and we would rather save the tinned stuff last.

I took a picture out the bedroom window and although it looks like a nice warm sunny day, it would be absolutely dangerous to step outside. There were a few of them wandering about, looks like one of them was having his dinner.


Didn't want to hang around the window for too long just in case one of them decided to look up and then make it his mission to get in. I couldn't help thinking the hundreds of other survivors in this building didn't have the common sense to stay away from the windows too. I just kept imagining the brain dead chavs throwing things out the window at them or trying to take pot shots with his under powered air rifle and generally shouting abuse like its actually going to make a difference. Yes I don't have much faith in humanity, but if theres anything I have learnt in the past is that theres nothing more stupid than the general public.

No comments:

Post a Comment