Wednesday 10 August 2011

Day 68

Me and Steve are not talking at the moment, being cooped up together all this time has made it tough. For weeks I wanted company to stop the loneliness, however too much company can cause problems. He is sitting in the bedroom at the moment giving me the silent treatment, I don't think its going to turn into a full blown riot just yet because not only is that dangerous, but he knows that he is still a guest in my flat and if I tell him to leave then he's screwed. Not that it really makes a difference because he could just kill me in my sleep and take over the flat, after all there is no law and order anymore. Hey I could kill him too, or even use him as a distraction when trying to escape the infected on our next journey out. What am I thinking? I cannot believe I even considered that, have I really lost so much of my own humanity that I could resort to murder so easily? Saying that I battered my wife over the head with a torch so I must be capable of anything, but I couldn't possibly kill someone else over a trivial argument. In my defence Robyn was already dead when I stoved her head in, the woman I loved and her personality had been absorbed by the virus so it is so much different than actually killing someone alive.

I can't even remember what our argument was about if I am honest, I think being in each others face constantly for the last 2 weeks makes it difficult and the least little thing would set us off. I can remember that he was complaining that I ate the last bag of smokey bacon crisps, and he was saving them for himself. I didn't know this as he hadn't told me and it kind of escalated from there, I mean can you believe how petty that is? Just imagine the fallout if I slept with his girlfriend or something, hell would open up and devour the earth with the fury unleashed by the short tempers we are living under. I have to be honest though, we need to sort this out now before it gets out of hand and if things continue to get hostile between us then I will eventually have to ask him to leave. I know it sounds bad and I will be responsible for sending him out to his death, yet we will end up killing each other if we don't sort things out. I think if it came to me forcing him out I may have to keep a close hold of my gun in case he resisted, in fact until then I think it would be a good idea if I kept the gun hidden, last thing I need is him pulling it on me when my guard is down. It sounds barbaric and cruel but when all options have been exhausted then its the only choice I am left with. I don't want it to come to that, I am sure we can talk it out, I hope we can talk it out, its all down to him really.

Things have gone quiet next door, the zombie neighbor i used to hear moaning and scratching the wall, I think his body finally gave up to the decomposition cycle and rotted away, that or he finally worked out how to open his door and is now wandering the hallways of the flat. I do hope its not the latter, although I still don't have an exact idea on the zombie life expectancy after reanimation. It all comes down to temperature, time of the year and also the conditions they are living around. There is never a shortage of flies in the summer time even if it is a rainy one. The problem is as soon as one zombie finally gives up and collapses into a bony meaty heap on the floor, there is still hundreds and thousands of other freshly infected zombies wandering about to continue the spread. I have been trying to keep an eye outside and I have noticed a slightly higher number of infected wandering about, none are paying any attention to this block which is good for us. I just hope the lower levels are either dead or keeping quiet as it only takes one of those things to get suspicious and before you know it we have thousands of them trying to get in. So far luck has been on our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment