Thursday 7 July 2011

Day 34

I couldn't get a wink of sleep last night, the fear of a nuclear blast in the face at any moment just cannot ever put you at ease. I keep telling myself that our government wouldn't do such a desperate thing, yet I keep having to face facts that we aren't living in the same world we were last month. The human race prides itself on being the dominant species on this planet, how we have evolved so well that our intelligence has surpassed that of any other animal in the world. We have sophisticated language and understanding of each other, knowledge of construction, education and many other things that separate us from the other creatures we share our lives with, yet with all our advanced intelligence, weapons and advancement in evolution, all it took was a natural microscopic viral cell to turn our world upside down. We had everything possible to win a war or educate the world, yet we could do nothing to prevent this plague. I am not a religious man, I have always been a man of science, as it can always answer my questions with proof, and backed up logic. No matter how much I always see this as an incident of mutated evolution in a viral bird flu, there is a nagging in the back of my head that keeps on itching the very core of my brain... "what if this is gods way of punishing us for how we treat the world and each other? What if this is his way to cleanse the world of sin, only the deserving get to survive and start a clean slate?" It would certainly make sense in the church and I can imagine them spewing that out to all the believers out there, I believe this would give the all the ammo they needed to convert what was left of the survivors to turn to god.

True it keeps coming up in the back of my head, but I do think of the bigger picture, I mean why does the devil not get the blame for all this? I mean god is supposed to be the most lovable caring being ever, yet he has claimed more lives in his name than Satan ever has, I guess you could say I think I know who the better person is. No, This is nothing to do with religion, it is exactly what is says on the tin and that is viral evolution. It was always due at any time and we always expected some new virus to knock us on our asses with no time to find a cure or vaccine. That said, whether you believe it to be the wrath of god or just science pushing forward, I think we need a good plague to sort us all out. We have all become too reliant on our material things, money, luxuries and we have all lost the basic values of humanity. The kids don't even go out and meet up anymore, they are all glued to facebook or their Iphone, with no respect for anyone or anything. The grown ups moan and whinge about how bad their lives are and how we all expect perfect service from everything, and act like spoilt children when we can't get our own way, then we have the elderly... Well, they just moan about being alive and how the world isn't like it used to be.

So I hope everyone is looking forward to this fresh start we are being awarded with, hey, the way things are going and I do somehow make it to the end of this, I may actually own this country. I mean at first I was devastated about how the world has gone to shit, I was upset that I lost all my friends and family, but It has taken me losing everything to put everything in perspective and I can see so clearly now. I have nobody telling me what to do, I answer to nobody, I have no rules or laws holding me back, the world is mine to take. I may not have any official or recognised title, but as long as their is air in my lungs and the freedom to walk, I own everything I touch. Anyone else alive in the world does too,  and getting territorial about who owns what, just shows how like primitive animals we are. The only difference is I got a big fucking gun and the world is yours, providing you stay out of my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment